The holiday frenzy is over and the new year is here. Time to get back to work, right!?! For remote workers, this can be a difficult transition. Separating personal from professional can be hard. Everywhere you look, something is calling for your attention. Do I finish the dishes or try to knock out a few emails?
The struggle is real. But we all share the same 24 hours. Thus, learning how to manage our time is essential. And when you’re a military spouse with Instant Teams, there’s no better feeling than done-and-done!
Use this handy January To-Do List to get a jumpstart on your new year. Set aside time this month to knock out a few things upfront. A clear plan will ensure you don’t get lost in busy and forget important things like booking a haircut. (Yes, personal grooming is a must even if you work from home!)
January To-Do List for Remote Workers. Do this in:
- - Purchase an Annual Planner. (The Best Planners for Powerful Women.)
- - Schedule workouts into your calendar.
- - Book routine appointments for the entire year (haircuts/color, teeth cleaning, eye exam).
- - Set time to be with friends (Girls night out!)
- - Track annual subscription renewals.
- - If self-employed, mark when withholdings tax is due (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- - Start a journal to track your professional journey (good and bad).
- - Download a professional podcast to add to your routine.
- - Download a time tracking app. Try Klok for free.
- - Subscribe to Pandora or Spotify for mixed beats.
- - Jot down office supplies you need to order (batteries, ink, paper, pens, pencils).
- - Identify a local club you want to join (photography, writing, coding)
- - Unsubscribe from newsletters you no longer want. Unroll.me makes this processes easy and fast.
Under an Hour
- - Order new business cards. Moo offers fresh and modern designs.
- - Pre-order branded stationary/thank you notes and stamps for the entire year.
- - Set a timer and delete old emails you don’t need anymore.
- - Organize files and shred old documents.
- - Jot down your annual operating costs.
- - Download an online app to track your cash flow statement. Try Mint.
- - Set one major professional goal for the year.
- - Order one professional book to read that will help you improve your MadSkills.
- - Identify one professional networking group to join.
- - Identify one online professional development class you want to take this year.
- - Identify one professional conference you want to attend.
In a Weekend
- - Prep for tax time.
- - Organize your workspace.
- - Identify 5 new snack and 3 lunch recipes to add to your weekly routine.
- - Select one hobby for the year that has nothing to do with work.
- - Spend quality time with your family.
Download our free printable here and get started today!